gambling license, sports betting license, license online casino, gambling license malta, england, costa rica
Gambling License Malta: Malta Lotteries and other Games Act
- Gambling and Betting Licences: General Legal Principles
- Gambling Licences and Services of our Law Firm
- Gambling Licenses and Basic Considerations for Service Providers
- Gambling License Malta – Gambling License Belize –Gambling License Isle of Man– Costa Rica – England
- Gambling License Antigua and Barbuda
- Tax planning via a network of international tax advisers and attorneys
- Why form a company in a foreign country with a tax accountant specialized in international tax law?
- Basic Considerations regarding the Formation of Companies in „Zero-Tax Havens“ i.e. in countries that have not entered into Double Taxation Agreements with other countries
- Offshore Company Formation: Tax haven rankings
Malta Games Act:
Gambling License Malta: Malta Lotteries and other Games Act
PART V – OFFICERS AND EMPLOYEES OF THE AUTHORITY
21. Without prejudice to the other provisions of this Act, the Staff appointments of officers and other employees of the Authority shall be made by the same Authority. The terms and conditions of employment shall be established by the Authority.
22. The Authority shall appoint and employ, at such remuneration and upon such terms and conditions as it may in accordance with article 21 determine, such officers and employees of the Authority as may from time to time be necessary for the due and efficient discharge of the functions of the Authority.
23. (1) The Prime Minister may, at the request of the Authority, from time to time direct that any public officer shall be detailed for duty with the Authority in such capacity and with effect from such date as may be specified in the Prime Minister’s direction.
(2) The period during which a direction as aforesaid shall apply to any officer specified therein shall, unless the officer retires from the public service or otherwise ceases to hold office at an earlier date, or unless a different date is specified in such direction, cease to have effect after one year from the effective date of such direction unless the direction is revoked earlier by the Prime Minister.
24. (1) Where any officer is detailed for duty with the Authority under any of the provisions of article 23, such officer shall, during the time in which such direction has effect in relation to him, be under the administrative authority and control of the Authority but he shall, for other intents and purposes, remain and be considered and treated as a public officer.
(2) Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, an officer detailed for duty as aforesaid –
- shall not during the time in respect of which he is so detailed –
- (be precluded from applying for a transfer to a department of the Government in accordance with the terms and conditions of service attached to the appointment under the Government held by him at a date on which he is so detailed for duty; or
- be so employed that his remuneration and conditions of service are less favourable than those which are attached to the appointment under the Government held by him at the date aforesaid or which would have become attached to such appointment, during the said period, had such officer not been detailed for duty with the Authority; and
- shall be entitled to have his service with the Authority considered as service with the Government for the purposes of any pension, gratuity or benefit under the Pensions Ordinance and the Widows’ and Orphans’ Pension Act and of any other right or privilege to which he would be entitled, and shall be liable to any liability to which he would be liable, but for the fact of his being detailed for duty with the Authority.
(3) Where an application is made as provided in subarticle (2)(a)(i), the same consideration shall be given thereto as if the applicant had not been detailed for service with the Authority.
(4) The Authority shall pay to the Government such contributions as may from time to time be determined by the Minister in respect of the cost of pensions and gratuities earned by an officer detailed for duty with the Authority as aforesaid during the period in which he is so detailed.
25. (1) The Authority may, with the approval of the Prime Minister, offer to any officer detailed for duty with the Authority under the provisions of article 23, permanent employment with the Authority at a remuneration and on terms and conditions not less favourable than those enjoyed by such officer at the date of such offer.
(2) The terms and conditions comprised in any offer made as aforesaid shall not be deemed to be less favourable merely because they are not in all respects identical with or superior to those enjoyed by the officer concerned at the date of such offer, if such terms and conditions, taken as a whole, in the opinion of the Prime Minister offer substantially equivalent or greater benefits.
(3) Every officer who accepts permanent employment with the Authority offered to him under the provisions of subarticle (1) shall, for all purposes other than those of the Pensions Ordinance and of the Widows’ and Orphans’ Pension Act, be deemed to have ceased to be in service with the Government and to have entered into service with the Authority on the date of his acceptance, and for the purposes of the said Ordinance and of the said Act, insofar as this applies in his case, service with the Authority shall be deemed to be service with the Government within the meanings thereof respectively.
(4) Every such officer as aforesaid who, immediately before accepting permanent employment with the Authority was entitled to benefit under the Widows’ and Orphans’ Pensions Act, shall continue to be so entitled to benefit thereunder to all intents as if his service with the Authority were service with the Government.
(5) The Authority shall pay to the Government such contributions as may from time to time be determined by the Minister in respect of the cost of pensions and gratuities earned by an officer who has accepted permanent employment with the Authority as aforesaid during the period commencing on the date of such officer’s acceptance.